Student Learning Goals
F-SMP Protégés will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research, scholarship and/or creative practices in their discipline and related subfields.
- Utilize research, scholarship and/or creative practices and tools of their field to carryout their projects.
- Bring appropriate skills to bear with an awareness of how one portion of a design or project will affect other aspects of their project.
- Continuously monitor their own learning and seek guidance to advance their own knowledge and their project.
- Work constructively with faculty mentor.
- When appropriate, protégés will establish a common vision for group projects or within interdisciplinary teams.
- Gather information relevant to their research, either from published sources or direct observations.
- Evaluate the quality of the information obtained for their projects.
- Present orally and in writing their work, vision, and/or conclusions as part of direct activities with faculty mentor and peers.
- Articulate and defend their work, vision, and/or conclusions to peers and superiors at campus or regional undergraduate research, scholarship and/or creative competitions.